Employment Law


When you are working, you can sometimes be faced with some difficult situations.


Information and advice is available for employment law issues, including your basic rights at work and what you should expect from your contract of employment.


Please click on the links below to find reliable information about employment law and organisations that can help you:



Citizens Advice Hammersmith & Fulham

Who we can help: Residents of Hammersmith and Fulham

East European Resource Centre (Formerly East European Advice Centre)

Who we can help: Eastern European migrants (A8 + A2)
We operate in H&F and other London boroughs

Hammersmith & Fulham Foodbank

Who we can help: People in Hammersmith and Fulham

Maggies Cancer Caring Centres

Who we can help: People affected by cancer, including carers



The ACAS Helpline provides clear, confidential, independent and impartial advice to both employers and employees who are involved in an employment dispute or are seeking information on employment rights and rules.
Tel: 0300 123 1100
8am - 8pm Monday to Friday, 9am - 1pm on Saturday

Website: http://www.acas.org.uk


The Money Advice Service

The Money Advice Service offers advice on understanding your employment rights, what in-work benefits you might be entitled to and how to handle redundancy.

Website: https://www.moneyadviceservice.org.uk/en/categories/work-and-redundancy


Mary Ward Legal Centre

The Mary Ward Legal Centre offers free, independent advice on employment disputes to Londoners.
They can advise on unfair dismissal, discrimination, unpaid wages, grievances, victimisation, disciplinary hearings and other contentious matters.
Tel: 0207 831 7079 to book an appointment. Or book one in person at their Centre at 10 Great Turnstile, WC1V 7JU

Website: http://www.marywardlegal.org.uk/



Worksmart (run by the TUC) aims to help everyone at work to get a good deal from their working life.

Website: http://www.worksmart.org.uk


Civil Legal Advice (CLA)

You might be able to get legal advice from Civil Legal Advice (CLA) if you qualify for legal aid and have a relevant problem.
You can check eligibility on this website.

Website: https://www.gov.uk/check-if-civil-legal-advice-can-help-you