When housing issues arise you need to know your rights and responsibilities.


Information and advice is available for both tenants and owner-occupiers to help with housing problems: including re-possession, evictions, disrepair, rent/mortgage arrears and homelessness.

If you are at risk of losing your home you should seek advice immediately.


Please click on the links below to find reliable information about housing and organisations that can help you:



Age UK Hammersmith and Fulham

Who we can help: Hammersmith and Fulham residents aged 50 years and over

Citizens Advice Hammersmith & Fulham

Who we can help: Residents of Hammersmith and Fulham

East European Resource Centre (Formerly East European Advice Centre)

Who we can help: Eastern European migrants (A8 + A2)
We operate in H&F and other London boroughs

Glass Door Homeless Charity

Who we can help: Adult (18+) rough sleepers and vulnerably housed. We cover West London - primarily in the London Boroughs of Kensington and Chelsea and Hammersmith and Fulham

Hammersmith & Fulham Advice

Who we can help: Residents of Hammersmith and Fulham

Hammersmith & Fulham Foodbank

Who we can help: People in Hammersmith and Fulham

Hammersmith & Fulham Law Centre (Housing)

Who we can help: People in Hammersmith and Fulham and people in London and surrounds who are eligible for legal aid

Hammersmith & Fulham Mind - Association for Mental Health

Who we can help: Hammersmith & Fulham Mind provides a holistic service to a wide range of people living or working in the borough, from those experiencing mental health issues for the first time, to those living with long and enduring mental health conditions.

Healthier Homes

Who we can help: Residents in Hammersmith & Fulham, Kensington & Chelsea

Iraqi Association

Who we can help: All London Iraqi and Arab communities

Maggies Cancer Caring Centres

Who we can help: People affected by cancer, including carers


Who we can help: London residents over the age of 25

Shepherd's Bush Families Project & Children's Centre

Who we can help: Homeless families and families living in temporary accommodation or other unsuitable housing in Hammersmith and Fulham



Shelter is a housing and homelessness charity that offers information, representation and advice. They offer free housing advice to everyone.
Tel: 0808 800 4444

Website: http://england.shelter.org.uk/get_advice



StreetLink is a service that enables the public to alert local authorities about people sleeping rough in their area.
If you’re concerned about someone sleeping rough, please do contact StreetLink so that they can be connected to local support and services.
Tel: 0300 500 0914

Website: http://www.streetlink.org.uk/


Homeless UK

Links to services that can give you specialist advice and support if you are homeless or about to become homeless:

Website: http://www.homelessuk.org/details.asp?id=LP385&ds=1



The national charity for single homeless people
Tel: 0300 636 1967

Website: http://www.crisis.org.uk/pages/get-help.html


Civil Legal Advice (CLA)

You might be able to get legal advice from Civil Legal Advice (CLA) if you qualify for legal aid and have a relevant problem.
You can check eligibility on this website.

Website: https://www.gov.uk/check-if-civil-legal-advice-can-help-you