The rules about who can come from other countries to live in the UK are very complicated. It’s always best to seek advice if you have an immigration issue.


Information and advice is available for immigration issues, including basic immigration rules and where to go for more help.


Please click on the links below to find reliable information about immigration and organisations that can help you:



East European Resource Centre (Formerly East European Advice Centre)

Who we can help: Eastern European migrants (A8 + A2)
We operate in H&F and other London boroughs

Hammersmith & Fulham Law Centre (Immigration)

Who we can help: London and surrounds

Iraqi Association

Who we can help: All London Iraqi and Arab communities

Maggies Cancer Caring Centres

Who we can help: People affected by cancer, including carers

River House Trust

Who we can help: People living with HIV who live in, or access medical services in Hammersmith & Fulham, Ealing or Kensington & Chelsea.


Refugee Council

The Refugee Council is a charity that offers practical support and advice to refugees and people seeking asylum in the UK.



Asylum Help

Asylum Help provides confidential and impartial advice and guidance to adult asylum seekers and their dependants throughout the UK in a language they understand.
Tel: 0808 8000 630



Civil Legal Advice (CLA)

You might be able to get legal advice from Civil Legal Advice (CLA) if you qualify for legal aid and have a relevant problem.
You can check eligibility on this website.