Mental Health and Community Care


People need care and support for many reasons. This can be because of their age, disability, health or the personal situation they find themselves in.


When you’re living with a mental health problem, or supporting someone who is, having access to the right information - about a condition, treatment options, or practical issues - is vital.


Please click on the links below to find reliable information about mental health and community care and organisations that can help you:



Age UK Hammersmith and Fulham

Who we can help: Hammersmith and Fulham residents aged 50 years and over

Hammersmith & Fulham Mencap

Who we can help: Residents of Hammersmith and Fulham who are parents of and carers for disabled children. Residents of Hammersmith and Fulham with learning disabilities and their carers and families.

Hammersmith & Fulham Mind - Association for Mental Health

Who we can help: Hammersmith & Fulham Mind provides a holistic service to a wide range of people living or working in the borough, from those experiencing mental health issues for the first time, to those living with long and enduring mental health conditions.

Iraqi Association

Who we can help: All London Iraqi and Arab communities

Maggies Cancer Caring Centres

Who we can help: People affected by cancer, including carers

Shepherd's Bush Families Project & Children's Centre

Who we can help: Homeless families and families living in temporary accommodation or other unsuitable housing in Hammersmith and Fulham



The mental health charity.
Infoline: 0300 123 3393
Adviceline: 0300 466 6463



Young Minds Trust

The voice of young peoples' mental health and wellbeing.
Tel: 0808 802 5544



Age UK

Tel: 0800 169 6565



National Domestic Violence Helpline

The Freephone 24-hour National Domestic Violence Helpline is open 24 hours a day, every single day. Helpline workers can give emotional support and practical information.
Tel: 0808 2000 247



Civil Legal Advice (CLA)

You might be able to get legal advice from Civil Legal Advice (CLA) if you qualify for legal aid and have a relevant problem.
You can check eligibility on this website.