Other Advice and Support


There are many other areas where people seek advice and support. We’ve covered some below.



Age UK Hammersmith and Fulham

Who we can help: Hammersmith and Fulham residents aged 50 years and over

Citizens Advice Hammersmith & Fulham

Who we can help: Residents of Hammersmith and Fulham

Dr Edwards and Bishop King’s Fulham Charity

Who we can help: Residents of Fulham

Fulham Good Neighbours

Who we can help: People over the age of 55

Hammersmith & Fulham Foodbank

Who we can help: People in Hammersmith and Fulham

Hammersmith & Fulham Mencap

Who we can help: Residents of Hammersmith and Fulham who are parents of and carers for disabled children. Residents of Hammersmith and Fulham with learning disabilities and their carers and families.

Hammersmith & Fulham Mind - Association for Mental Health

Who we can help: Hammersmith & Fulham Mind provides a holistic service to a wide range of people living or working in the borough, from those experiencing mental health issues for the first time, to those living with long and enduring mental health conditions.

Hammersmith & Fulham Volunteer Centre (HFVC)

Who we can help: Local residents and jobseekers living in West London

Hammersmith United Charities

Who we can help: Almshouse Branch: sheltered almshouse accommodation for the elderly poor of the former Metropolitan Borough of Hammersmith (the “area of benefit“).
Relief in need / Grants branch: Organisations working to prevent or relieve hardship or distress within the former Metropolitan Borough of Hammersmith

Healthier Homes

Who we can help: Residents in Hammersmith & Fulham, Kensington & Chelsea

Maggies Cancer Caring Centres

Who we can help: People affected by cancer, including carers

Refugee and Migrant Forum of West London (Formerly known as the Hammersmith & Fulham Refugee Forum)

Who we can help: Hammersmith & Fulham refugee community organisations

River House Trust

Who we can help: People living with HIV who live in, or access medical services in Hammersmith & Fulham, Ealing or Kensington & Chelsea.


Which - Consumer Rights

Which Consumer Rights offers advice on consumer rights as well as step by step guides and letter templates.

Website: http://www.which.co.uk/consumer-rights/action


Citizens Advice Consumer Helpline

Advice on all sorts of consumer issues, including: faulty goods, energy supply and postal service.
Tel: 03454 04 05 06
9am - 5pm Monday - Friday

Website: https://www.citizensadvice.org.uk/consumer/



GamCare operates the National Gambling HelpLine, providing information, advice and support for problem gamblers as well as their family and friends affected by the issue. Theyalso offer free counselling for problem gamblers and affected others.
Tel: 0808 8020 133 (freefone) seven days a week from 8am – Midnight
Via web chat: www.gamcare.org.uk

Website: http://www.gamcare.org.uk



Relationship help
Tel: 0300 100 1234

Website: http://www.relate.org.uk/relationship-help


Tax Aid

TaxAid is a charity that helps people on low incomes with their tax affairs.
Tel: 0345 120 3779 10am and 12 midday, Monday - Friday

Website: http://taxaid.org.uk/guides/taxpayers


Civil Legal Advice (CLA)

You might be able to get legal advice from Civil Legal Advice (CLA) if you qualify for legal aid and have a relevant problem.
You can check eligibility on this website.

Website: https://www.gov.uk/check-if-civil-legal-advice-can-help-you