Welfare Benefits


It's important to make sure that you get all the help that you're entitled to. Many people miss out on welfare benefits because they don’t know what or how to claim.


Information and advice is available for all welfare benefits issues, including help if on a low income and a benefits calculator to help you to work out what benefits you may be entitled to.


Please click on the links below to find reliable information about welfare benefits and organisations that can help you:



Action on Disability (AoD)

Who we can help: Disabled residents of Hammersmith and Fulham and their carers.
Hammersmith and Fulham residents who are parents or carers of disabled children up to 18 years.

Age UK Hammersmith and Fulham

Who we can help: Hammersmith and Fulham residents aged 50 years and over

Citizens Advice Hammersmith & Fulham

Who we can help: Residents of Hammersmith and Fulham

East European Resource Centre (Formerly East European Advice Centre)

Who we can help: Eastern European migrants (A8 + A2)
We operate in H&F and other London boroughs

Glass Door Homeless Charity

Who we can help: Adult (18+) rough sleepers and vulnerably housed. We cover West London - primarily in the London Boroughs of Kensington and Chelsea and Hammersmith and Fulham

Hammersmith & Fulham Foodbank

Who we can help: People in Hammersmith and Fulham

Hammersmith & Fulham Law Centre (Welfare benefits)

Who we can help:

Hammersmith & Fulham Mind - Association for Mental Health

Who we can help: Hammersmith & Fulham Mind provides a holistic service to a wide range of people living or working in the borough, from those experiencing mental health issues for the first time, to those living with long and enduring mental health conditions.

Iraqi Association

Who we can help: All London Iraqi and Arab communities

Maggies Cancer Caring Centres

Who we can help: People affected by cancer, including carers

River House Trust

Who we can help: People living with HIV who live in, or access medical services in Hammersmith & Fulham, Ealing or Kensington & Chelsea.


Who we can help: London residents over the age of 25

Shepherd's Bush Families Project & Children's Centre

Who we can help: Homeless families and families living in temporary accommodation or other unsuitable housing in Hammersmith and Fulham

Staying First

Who we can help: Tenants of Shepherds Bush Housing Association, Catalyst Housing Ltd (K&C or H&F residents only), Women’s Pioneer Housing, Thames Valley Housing Association, Wandle Housing Association.



Turn2us is a charity that offers a free service that helps people in financial need to access welfare benefits, charitable grants and other financial help. They have a Benefit Calculator tool that helps you check what you might be able to claim.

Website: http://www.turn2us.org.uk


Universal Credit

0800 328 5644

Website: https://www.gov.uk/universal-credit


Personal Indepedence Payment (PIP)

Contact number: 0800 917 2222

Website: https://www.gov.uk/pip


Child Poverty Action Group

Contact number: 020 7837 7979

Website: http://www.cpag.org.uk/


Job Seekers Allowance (JSA)

Contact number: 0800 328 9344

Website: https://www.gov.uk/jobseekers-allowance


Indepedent Age

Contact number: 0800 319 6789

Website: http://www.independentage.org/advice.aspx


Turn2us Benefit Calculator

Website: http://benefits-calculator.turn2us.org.uk/AboutYou



Calculator to help you work out your entitlement to benefits and tax credits

Website: http://www.entitledto.co.uk


Disablity Rights UK

Information, products and services developed by and for disabled people.

Contact number: 0330 995 0400

Website: http://www.disabilityrightsuk.org



Provides free, independent and impartial information and support on issues that matter to disabled people and their families.
Telephone: 0808 800 3333
Email: helpline@scope.org.uk

Website: http://www.scope.org.uk



Advice and support for anyone experiencing a mental health problem. 

Website: http://www.mind.org.uk


Independent Age

Provides a national advice service for older people, their families and carers.
Telephone: 0800 319 6789

Website: http://www.independentage.org/advice.aspx


Gov.uk - benefits

Gov.uk offers help and advice about entitlement to benefits.

Website: https://www.gov.uk/browse/benefits


Disablity Benefits Helpline

For information on Disability Living Allowance, Attendance Allowance and more
Tel: 08457 123 456

Website: http://www.gov.uk/dwp


Pension Credit Claim Line

Tel: 0800 731 7898

Website: http://www.thepensionservice.gov.uk


Tax Credits Helpline

Find out if you qualify for tax credits. You can claim online or request a form over the phone.
Tel: 0345 300 3900

Website: https://www.gov.uk/qualify-tax-credits


Winter Fuel Payment

You usually get a Winter Fuel Payment automatically if you get the State Pension.
If you qualify but don’t get paid automatically, you’ll need to make a claim
Tel: 08459 15 15 15

Website: https://www.gov.uk/winter-fuel-payment


Child Benefit Enquiry Line

Tel: 0300 200 3100

Website: http://www.hmrc.gov.uk/childbenefit


Child Support Agency Enquiry Line

Tel: 0845 713 3133

Website: http://www.csa.gov.uk


Civil Legal Aid (CLA)

You might be able to get legal advice from Civil Legal Advice (CLA) if you qualify for legal aid and have a relevant problem.
You can check eligibility on this website.

Website: https://www.gov.uk/check-if-civil-legal-advice-can-help-you